Sustainable and conventional agriculture: an economic analysis of Australian cereal - livestock farming
thesisposted on 2022-01-25, 03:23 authored by Els Wynen
Submitted in total fulfillment for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy to the School of Economics, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia.
Topics discussed in the thesis:
- Organic cereals and livestock production and marketing
- Organic crop and pasture production: inputs, outputs, gross margins, net margins
- Managerial skills in, motives for and problems with organic farming
- Returns to farming; psychic income; non-financial issues
- Externalities to conventional farming – soil, water
- Farmers’ perceptions of organic agriculture
- Historic crop yield trends and variability in organic farming
- Effect of transition to organic management on crop yields
- Organic wheat marketing arrangements- Policy implications of a change to organic crop and livestock management
Center or DepartmentSchool of Economics
- Ph. D.