Pacific Islanders in Regional Victoria: Final Project Report
This project explored the socio‐economic status and well‐being of Pacific Islander migrants in rural northwest Victoria, focusing on the towns of Mildura and Robinvale in the Sunraysia region. It addressed five key research questions:
1. What are the implications for Pacific Islander communities in the region of their involvement with horticultural industries?
2. What issues do Pacific Islanders face in mobilising social capital and accessing public services?
3. What are the experiences and future aspirations of Pacific Islander youth in the region?
4. What is the nature of Pacific Islanders’ relationships with other ethnic groups in the region?
5. What trans‐local and transnational networks do Pacific Islanders in the region maintain?
Australian Research Council | LP150100385
La Trobe University, Research Focus Area, Transforming Human Societies | 2014
Commissioning BodySunraysia Mallee Ethnic Communities Council
Type of report
- Other research report